Saturday, October 25, 2008

Best phase of life?

A few years back, during my first summer vacation in college, I visited my eldest cousin sister and brother-in-law (jijaji). In the midst of our chit-chat, my jijaji asked us: "What do you think is the best phase of your life?". Pat came my reply that school days were the best part. You are a kid and you are pampered and life is so carefree. To this, another cousin, who had been working for a couple of years replied "No - definitely college days are better. You don't HAVE TO attend classes and plus it is so much more fun". Jijaji smiled and said that we answered just the way he had anticipated. We always look back at our past life and think that was so much better than what we currently have when the best phase is always the current one and we should realize that when we are living it.

To this day, whenever I get nostalgic about the past and complain about the present, I am hit by a flashback from that lazy summer afternoon.  I am then humbled into a realization that instead of yearning for the past, I need to live my present to the fullest. The best phase of my life is NOW because I still have it!

1 comment:

  1. Thats a very nice thought Poorva. I wonder why we end up about past ( college days, school days ..) so much then ?

    ReplyDelete